Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rima Kaur

Imagine how thrilling it must be for me to hear from my readers -- especially because you, Rima, were the very first to write me directly! Of course, I had to publish your comment along with my reply in the hope that it would catch your attention someday :) It worked.

I have always wanted to blog but I lacked the courage. Soon after launching The Finger Puppet, I felt emboldened to go naked, write about the real me. The thing is, because I looked back into the past, into a childhood life and world I had blanked out, I was now flooded with long ago images of India. I had to pick up my paintbrush again. Blogging will have to wait...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blogger versatile.frost said...

Hi Anu!
Rima again! I just typed my name in google to see where in this web-world I have left my footprints, and I came across your blog. Surprise Surprise! You actually replied to my comment! And not only that, you converted it into a post! Wow this is so special for me, I cannot thank you enough! I have actually saved that particular page. I'll have some serious showing off to do in front of my friends now! And now I'll go through your website too.

Thank You ever so much. I never ever expected a reply!

October 31, 2008 6:10 AM

1 comment:

Rima Kaur said...

oh i love painting too! though not fine art. something bolder and more craft-sy.

i am the first person to directly comment on your blog, you say. you are also the first person that i have ever written a comment to. :)

i had a blog before this, but that was like a college project. i would read the boring, intellectual stuff written by my friends (perhaps they too were under pressure) and try to write something that would match their level. that blog is history now. it pays to be yourself.

plus its more fun. :P