Sunday, March 1, 2009

Carnival

So there was a carnival at the Alliance Francaise. As usual, I dug my heels in and refused to go. Beloved Fate came to my aid and injected me with flu symptoms, I was coughing all week, but my husband was determined to drag me out and he pumped me with garlic soup and loaded me in the car. A few swigs of Pepsi at the carnival and I changed into a butterfly, flitting about, talking, laughing, dancing. I had to be plucked off the dance floor and brought home. And I was still dancing. Oh I can get high, so high, without taking a sip of alcohol.

My laptop should be here on Tuesday....the word's lightest and weighing only 2.4 lbs!

lovvve, Anu

5 comments:

Rima Kaur said...

social butterful, eh! today, i dragged my mother to an exhibition by upcoming fashion designers. she enjoyed the same way ;)

Rima Kaur said...

and nice choice of laptop. even i have a toshiba, though not the same model.

Anu Jayanth said...

I do hope the Toshiba portege is a good choice. I'm getting it because it's ultraportable...will let you know what I think of it once I start using it.

Razigan said...

I too have this bug in me. I don't need any alcohol to get excited. Music, people and theme is enough. Practically, I need a peg of alcohol to settle down and come in to senses.

Laptop!! I have the old "europe's no 1 selling model" (acer). It's already 3 years now. I'm going to replace that. Thinking of the tiny ones, 8 - 11 inch laptops. They seem more handy.

Anu Jayanth said...

Razigan, I have tried alcohol, but I'm unable to develop a taste for it ;-( In any case, I don't need to drink to get high :-) ..... and my 3 yr old Toshiba crashed on me some months ago and I hesitated to buy another Toshiba but the lightness of the portege was just a bit too alluring...