Thursday, January 29, 2009

We Need More People Like George W Bush Now

An in-law forwarded me a list of Bushisms. And I was laughing and laughing and laughing. If laughter is good for the mind and body and soul, then surely George W Bush is the best thing that ever happened to America. Now. In this desperate times. It's a good thing I didn't go out and say this, because I hear that he's the one that caused all this in the first place.

I have posted the forward below. Are these quotes for real? Some of them could easily have come out of my mouth, for instance, 'I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.' George W Bush and also said by Anu Jayanth.

Actually, one of the reasons I was terrified to do public speaking, because I really can say the darnedest things. Think, my husband always tells me, think, before you say or write something. I have taken his advice and I do think a bit before I press the publish button. Or do I?



'The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country.'
- George W. Bush



'If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.'
- George W. Bush



'One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.'
-George W. Bush




'I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future.'
- George W. Bush



'The future will be better tomorrow.'
- George W. Bush



'We're going to have the best educated American people in the world.'
- George W. Bush



'I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.'
- George W Bush



'We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe . We are a part of Europe '
- George W. Bush



'Public speaking is very easy.'
- George W. Bush



'A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.'
- George W. Bush

'I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.'
-George Bush



'We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur.'
- George W. Bush



'For NASA, space is still a high priority.'
-George W. Bush



'Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children.'
-George W. Bush



'It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.'
- George W. Bush

3 comments:

Rima Kaur said...

this isnt really a slip of the tongue, but let me share it with you nonetheless.

i was in class 9. every classroom in the school had a bulletin board that needed to be re-decorated every month. since i was pretty creative and also good at getting work done from others, i was made the leader (this has got nothing to do with the story, but let me boast a bit :D )

i decided to divide the board in two halves, one half representing day (with bright fluffy clouds, birds, flowers and a sun) and the other half representing night (dark trees, a pale moon, bats).

i had made the sun, but misplaced it somewhere in the class itself. i got a little frantic because i had put in a lot of effort in making it. so there i was, running around and shouting at the top of my voice "where's my sun? where's my sun?"

the other students ragged me the entire year. "so did you find your son?"

silly. but i just couldnt resist mentioning it.

Anu Jayanth said...

Perfectly OK to be silly, my dear. Whoever does not know how to be silly must be a very constipated person In My Opinion (see...I actually have an opinion). As for slips of the tongue, spoonerisms and stuff and much, I'm a natural :-)

Anonymous said...

This time, I'll have to diagree with you, but during the postings, currently being posted, I tend to be a bit more agreeable with your possible postings in the future.